BRPT members stunned by ABSM announcement to Launch New Exam for Sleep Technologists
BRPT has been notified that the Board of Directors of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) has decided to develop a certification exam for sleep technologists to be administered through the American Board of Sleep Medicine (ABSM). The ABSM has indicated that the exam will be developed over the next six to twelve months.
Will the new credential be good for the field of polysomnographic technologists or the beginning of a controversial struggle for control.
View BRPT discussion forum
- Sleep Deprivation Among Firefighters
- Consumers with Obstructive Sleep Apnea not being Offered the Appropriate Care
- Department of Transporatation Wants Sleep-Apnea Data Made Available
- Birth of an Industry Leader
- The Third Pillar of Health
- Validation of Transcend Auto™ Autotitrating CPAP Compared with an Established AutoPAP Device
- HST: Is anyone HOME?