CleveMed Obtains Design Patent for Sleep Diagnostic Device
CleveMed, a leader in Home Sleep Testing equipment and services, recently announced that they have received a newly issued patent (U.S. Patent No. D663,430 S) from the United States Patent Office for an application covering the design for a sleep diagnostic device which is currently used for SleepView®. SleepView allows patients to be tested for obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) in the comfort, convenience and privacy of their own home. SleepView is currently the smallest, lightest home sleep testing device that meets the American Academy of Sleep Medicine channel set as described by the Portable Monitoring Task Force in 2007. The design was made to be patient friendly for self-placement and sleeping while wearing the device.
“We kept the patient in the forefront as we developed this design. A home sleep system must be easy and comfortable for the patient to wear,” said Sarah Weimer Director of sleep products. “Our goal for the technology is to improve patient access and reduce health care costs for millions of sleep apnea patients who remain undiagnosed and untreated.”
- Sleep Deprivation Among Firefighters
- Consumers with Obstructive Sleep Apnea not being Offered the Appropriate Care
- Department of Transporatation Wants Sleep-Apnea Data Made Available
- Birth of an Industry Leader
- The Third Pillar of Health
- Validation of Transcend Auto™ Autotitrating CPAP Compared with an Established AutoPAP Device
- HST: Is anyone HOME?