Is Your City Listed in the Top 10 Most Sleep-Deprived Cities
A new study from the CDC names the top ten most sleep-deprived cities and Detroit is taking top honors.
1. Detroit 2. Birmingham, Alabama 3. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 4. New Orleans, Louisiana 5. New York, New York 6. Cincinnati, Ohio 7. Louisville, Kentucky 8. Raleigh, North Carolina 9. Columbus, Ohio 10. Boston, Massachusetts
New York may be known as the city that never sleeps, but its residents are not America’s sleepiest.
And they’re not so “Sleepless in Seattle” either.
The distinction of being America’s most weary citizens goes instead to the nearly 800,000 residents of Detroit, declared America’s most sleep-deprived city based on data compiled by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and released by mattress company Sleepy’s.
Coming in behind Detroit is Birmingham, Ala., a state way to the south and with a different population, but still in need of sleep.
The rankings are based on individual sleep habits as reported in an annual study by the CDCP of more than 350,000 adults in all 50 states. The findings took into account the percentage of time people don’t get enough sleep or rest, and the percentage of people who say they don’t get enough sleep more than half of the time.
If you live in one of the sleep-deprived cities, or just need a good nap no matter where you are, where should you head? Go west, all the way to California.
Three of the top five cities reporting the most sleep are located in California Joining San Diego, San Jose and San Francisco in the top five most well-rested cities are Dallas, TX and Richmond, Va.
Source: Sleepys Inc
1. The Phantom Menace of Sleep Deprived Doctors
2. Excellent pre PSG instruction video
- Sleep Deprivation Among Firefighters
- Consumers with Obstructive Sleep Apnea not being Offered the Appropriate Care
- Department of Transporatation Wants Sleep-Apnea Data Made Available
- Birth of an Industry Leader
- The Third Pillar of Health
- Validation of Transcend Auto™ Autotitrating CPAP Compared with an Established AutoPAP Device
- HST: Is anyone HOME?